“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – James Allen
“We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives” – John F. Kennedy
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough” – Oprah Winfrey
1. Thank those who hated you, because without them you wouldn’t know what true love is
2. Thank those who were exceptionally jealous of you; they made you know that you had something valuable someone else secretly wished they had
3. Thank all the negative people who were kind enough to walk out of your life; if they hadn’t left, the positive ones wouldn’t have had any space to occupy in your life
4. Thank those friends who turned their backs on you when you needed them the most; without them, you wouldn’t know what true friendship is all about
5. Thank those who cared enough to annoy you, for without them you wouldn’t learn self-control
6. Thank those who caused you pain, for without that pain you wouldn’t know how strong you are on the inside
7. Thank those who said it cannot be done; they provided the inspiration to challenge you to go the extra mile to achieve the impossible
8. Thank those who didn’t believe in you, they forced you to believe in yourself even when you least thought you had what it takes to succeed
9. Thank those who broke your heart, for they taught you to be careful who you share your heart with
10. Thank those who betrayed you, for without them you would still be trusting the wrong people
11. Thank those who criticised you, for they made you see certain things about yourself you never knew existed
Be grateful that all these things happened to no one but you, for without these seemingly negative experiences, you wouldn’t know that everything happens in life for a reason.
Thanks George Onwuchekwa for bringing this my way.
Posted by Damian @8WDee.com.
Each day I thank God for:
Nights that turned into mornings;
Friends that turned into family;
Dreams that turned into reality;
And likes that turned into love!?
Gratitude is the greatest attitude of all, imbibe it.
When Jesus Christ healed the 10 lepers in the Bible and only one came back to thank him, he asked “aren’t there 10 of you?”. (Luke 10:12-16).
So it is important to show gratitude when people do good deeds for you. What the attitude of the lepers show us is that in life a great number will be ungrateful to you when you do good deeds for them.
Imagine one out of ten!
So let it not deter you when you want to do a good deed.
The incredibly overworked female executive was found by her husband standing glassy-eyed in the lounge of their upmarket home, apparently caught between making breakfast, seeing the children off to school, turning on the washing machine, making out a shopping list and leaving for the office.
She had a puzzled expression on her face.
“What on earth is the matter with you my dear wife?” asked the husband, well-fed, (obviously thanks to the wife), calm (again thanks to her) and totally organized (how would this have been possible without the wife?).
“Nothing, dearie, nothing. She answered. It’s just that for a moment i didn’t know whether i was going out or coming in.” Pam Brown.
This situation applies to most working wives / mothers and female executives; who struggle daily with juggling with their careers and maintaining a balance between that and the home!
They are usually vastly skilled at multitasking.
This is just to show appreciation to those women who make our (men’s) lives easy and fun; who most times we will all be lost without.
Women who tolerate us despite our many shortcomings ( i assure you mine are many) and still keep that smile on!
Thanks for being there ladies and much respect.