What about you…..
1. I’m Slowly Learning That I Don’t Have To React To Everything That Bothers Me
2. I’m slowly learning that I don’t have to hurt those who hurt me.
3. I’m slowly learning that maybe the ultimate sign of maturity is walking away instead of getting even
4. I’m slowly learning that the energy it takes to react to every bad thing that happens to you drains you and stops you from seeing the other good things in life.
5. I’m slowly learning that I’m not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and I won’t be able to get everyone to treat me the way I want to be treated and that’s okay.
6. I’m slowly learning that trying so hard to ‘win’ anyone is just a waste of time and energy and it fills you with nothing but emptiness.
7. I’m slowly learning that not reacting doesn’t mean I’m okay with things, it just means I’m choosing to rise above it. I’m choosing to take the lesson it has served and learn from it
8. I’m choosing to be the bigger person. I’m choosing my peace of mind because that’s what I truly need. I don’t need more drama. I don’t need people making me feel like I’m not good enough. I don’t need fights and arguments and fake connections.
9. I’m slowly learning that sometimes not saying anything at all says everything.
10. I’m slowly learning that reacting to things that upset you gives someone else power over your emotions
You can’t control what others do but you can control how you respond, how you handle it, how you perceive it and how much of it you want to take personally.
11. I’m slowly learning that most of the time, these situations say nothing about you and a lot about the other person.
12. I’m slowly learning that maybe all these disappointments are just there to teach us how to love ourselves because that will be the armor and the shield we need against the people who try to bring us down. They will save us when people try to shake our confidence or when they try to make us feel like we’re worthless.
13. I’m slowly learning that even if I react, it won’t change anything, it won’t make people suddenly love and respect me, it won’t magically change their minds
14. I’m slowly learning that Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, don’t fight for closure, don’t ask for explanations, don’t chase answers and don’t expect people to understand where you’re coming from.
15. I’m slowly learning that life is better lived when you don’t centre it on what’s happening around you and centre it on what’s happening inside you instead.
16. I’m slowly learning that if you channel your energy, time and resources on God it will do you good
17. I’m learning fast that if God does not help you, nobody on earth will help you and that in all, He’d still be God regardless of your predicament.
18. I’ve finally discovered that thanksgiving, praises and gratitude to God is key if you must succeed in life
_Work on yourself and your inner peace and you’ll come to realise that not reacting to every little thing that bothers you is the first ingredient to living a happy and healthy life._
Culled from: Ogey Clay Ekpong